5 Posts That Will Definitely Motivate You
Occasionally, I find that my motivation falls asleep or disappears, and sometimes needs a little spark to get going. There’s only so much I can do to internally motivate myself – sometimes I need to read about someone else’s success or action to get myself pumped up.
It’s been awhile since I’ve done any kind of compilation post, but here’s a collection of some things I’ve read lately that I found to be really motivating…Enjoy.
- How to Create a Million-Dollar Business This Weekend – This is a guest post on Tim Ferris’s blog from a guy who essentially created a $1,000,000+ business in 48 hours. The cool thing about this post is that he not only explains the results of his efforts, but actually walks you through, step-by-step, how you can do it too. Obviously, it’s not going to come that easy, but it’s motivating nonetheless. It’s a clear example of how you sometimes just need to stop planning and start taking action.
- The Butterfly Effect of Inertia – Maren Kate delivers another motivating post about persistence toward a goal. Nothing sums it up better than this quote, included in her post:
“Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
- Taking Control – An Incredible and Inspiring Success Story ($2,325.91 in a Day!) with Benny Hsu – If you follow Pat Flynn, you know he’s had great success with developing and selling iPhone apps. This is a story from someone who had never previously experienced iPhone app development – Benny Hsu. This post recaps his story, and even if you aren’t interested in creating applications, this story will still inspire you.
- The Strangest Secret to Success – You may have heard this audio clip before (considering how old it is), but if you haven’t, take some time to listen it. It’s a powerful, yet strange message, on the secret to success.
- Best Procrastination Tip Ever – What better place to find simple, yet effective productivity tip than Zen Habits. This post is short and sweet, but packs a powerful punch about how to stop procrastinating and take action. You’ll be glad you invested the 30 seconds it takes to read
Now, it’s your turn: What is the most motivating blog post you’ve read lately?