How Efficiently Do You Build Amazon Niche Sites?
I ask this question because I know my answer – not too efficiently. Granted, I’ve done my best to outsource content and put it on “autopilot” but there was still one thing missing: a way to effectively and efficiently implement Amazon affiliate links without having to bounce back and forth between my site and my Amazon.com affiliate account. Not to mention this wasn’t something I could have a VA do, because I didn’t want them having access to my account.
Let me say one thing up front – this is a product review (for a WordPress plugin), which you know I rarely publish here. And it’s not for everyone. But if you build Amazon niche sites or plan to, this is a tool you’re probably going to want to at least read about.
[Note: I’m actually going to be giving away at least one copy of this plugin for free. The details are at the end of this post, and it’ll be really easy to enter (all you have to do is leave a comment!).]
You’re probably familiar with Chris Guthrie if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, as I’ve mentioned him several times. He’s a blogger/internet marketer who has mastered the Amazon affiliate game. I believe he’s made $90,000+ from his Amazon niche sites over the past two years, and has even sold one of them for a six-figure sum.
He created a course to walk through his strategy and methods, which I reviewed last year (and to this day, it’s one of the most popular posts I’ve published). While my Amazon niche sites haven’t exactly been too successful, that’s been more a function of my ability to rank the sites. When the sites receive good traffic, the earnings come, as you would expect.
Another problem has been volume – I originally set out to create over 20 Amazon niche sites, but to this date, have only created 8. Part of the reason has been that I haven’t been willing to invest the necessary time. Even though I can set up a WordPress site within a matter of minutes and outsource the content, you’d be surprised at how long it takes to track down affiliate links and images for all the products you discuss on the site.
The Solution: Easy Azon Plugin
This plugin isn’t going to be what makes your niche sites extremely profitable. Obviously, traffic is going to play a key role. However, one key to getting traffic and conversions is being able to add content and have your affiliate links in the right places.
Easy Azon essentially allows you to do the following things:
- Create Amazon affiliate links in seconds without having to leave your WordPress post editing page.
- Choose between several high conversion affiliate link options i.e. Text, Image and/or a Product Information block (see a live example of this below). Price DisclaimerPrices are accurate as of less than 12 hours ago. Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
- Allows you to take advantage of your wasted international traffic by automatically changing your affiliate links based on where your visitor is coming from. (Example: UK visitors will see Amazon UK affiliate links.) This was a feature I found to be especially cool, considering I’m seeing a lot of random international traffic on my Amazon sites. (Note: You need to set up a separate affiliate account with the country’s own Amazon Associates site, but this literally took me 5 minutes to do, and you only have to do it once.)
Get This Plugin for Free
I’ve decided to give this plugin away for free (at least one copy) to those of you who follow the very simple steps below:
- Go here to watch a video demonstration of the Easy Azon plugin.
- Come back to this post and leave a comment (however long or short you want) briefly explaining what you like about the plugin or how you plan to use the plugin.
- You have until Wednesday, June 15th at 11:59 PM EST to leave a comment as an entry. On Thursday, I will select at least one winner at random and announce it in the comment section of this post. The number of winners I select will be based on how much of a response this contest receives.
- If you win, you will claim your prize by forwarding your receipt to my4hrworkweek @ gmail.com. If you’ve already purchased the plugin, you’ll have the receipt to forward. If you haven’t yet, you’ll simply purchase the plugin here and forward me the receipt.
- Bonus: You can get a second entry by retweeting this post. Just be sure the tweet contains @My4HWW, so that I can keep track of it.
Reimbursement for the plugin will be paid either via PayPal or as an Amazon gift certificate for the equivalent amount (your choice!).
Good luck, and enjoy!
UPDATE: Harlan Yee is the winner – Harlan, please purchase the Easy Azon plugin through my link and forward the receipt to me per the instructions at the bottom of the post. Let me know what PayPal address you would like the reimbursement send to, or if you’d prefer an Amazon gift certificate. Congrats!