I Just Tried Market Samurai – Wow.
I’ve never been so compelled to recommend a product right after trying it for only a couple days. Recently, I downloaded a free trial of Market Samurai.
This isn’t one of those limited-function trials and it’s not one of those where you have to put in a credit card number and remember to cancel it before they charge you. It’s a full use trial, and all you have to do is provide you basic name and e-mail information to download the software and give it a try. That’s exactly what I did.
Here is what Market Samurai does…
- Allows you to research keywords like never before (and you thought Google’s keyword research tool was helpful – this software features a more powerful version of that).
- Find out exactly how competitive each keyword is, down to some very fine detail (e.g. showing you exactly why the sites on the first page of Google are there).
- Identifies trends with various keywords and key phrases.
- Determines the best available domain name to get based on the keywords you want to target.
- Much more (there are several features I haven’t even tried out yet).
All of the above features are critical if you want to be successful with any kind of online site or blog that will rely on organic (search engine) traffic. This is really the only tool you need to make sure you don’t waste time trying to target keywords or niches that are far too competitive, while also finding niches and keywords that are untapped.
One thing that really caught my attention is the level of support and guidance the creators of Market Samurai provide through videos that they post. When I first opened the software, the features on the main menu were a bit overwhelming and I wasn’t sure where to begin. I decided to watch some of their “how to” videos (these are free with the trial) and wound up watching 7 videos that were extremely helpful. After playing with the software for a few minutes after that, I started grasping how it should be used and really saw the potential with it.
Here are all of the support videos they offer, in case you’re wondering (there are a lot!):
- How do I download and install a free trial of Market Samurai?
- How do I upgrade my free trial to the full version of Market Samurai?
- How to Subscribe to the Free iTunes Feed
- Keyword Research
- Introduction to Keyword Research
- Golden Rule #1: How to Find Relevant Keywords
- Golden Rule #2: How to Find High Traffic Keywords
- Golden Rule #3: How to Assess Market Competition
- Golden Rule #4: How to Assess Commerciality
- Golden Rules Case Study
- Finding Long Tail Keywords
- Understanding Match Type Data
- How to Avoid Targeting the Wrong Keywords
- SEO Competition
- Introduction To SEO Competition
- How to Assess the Strength of Competition
- How To Gain a Competitive Advantage
- How To Unmask Your Google Competition
- Your guide to Domain Samurai
- Introduction to Monetization
- How To Register With Affiliate Directories
- How To Find Products & Assess Market Viability
- How To Write A Compelling Ad In Minutes
- How To Publish An Ad To Your Website
- How to Sign Up for the Google Adsense Program
- How To Replace Your Affiliate Offer With Dynamic Ads
- How To Use Bit.ly To Track Your Affiliate Click Through Rate
- How To Use The Pretty Link Plugin To Track Your Affiliate Click Through Rate
- How To Create Trackable Affiliate Links Using WordPress Direct
- Find Content
- Introduction to the Find Content Module
- Publish Content
- Introduction to the Publish Content Module
- Introduction to the Promotion Module
- High Authority Domains
- Pingback Strategy
- Rank Tracker
- Introduction to the Rank Tracker Module
- How to Analyze Your Rank Tracker Data
- How To Track Your Distributed Content
- How do I use Market Samurai behind a proxy server?
- How do I find my proxy settings on a Windows PC?
- How do I find my proxy settings on a Mac?
After using the free trial for a couple of days, I’ve already gone ahead and purchased the full version because I can tell that this is going to be a tool I will use on a regular basis. You get a pretty significant discount if you purchase the full-version within the first five days of the trial, so this was a no-brainer for me.
What I’m going to try to do is come up with a case study using Market Samurai and show you how to get an article (that I will probably write on Info Barrel or Squidoo) onto page 1 of Google for a keyword that has decent traffic. I’m excited to get started. Once I get the chance to use all of the software’s features and master them, I promise I will post a more detailed review.
If you want to play around with the software and learn it yourself in the mean time, click here and try a free trial of Market Samurai. If you already use it, I’d love to hear what you think about it.