Let’s Recap Newbie Niche Site Month (And Answer Some Questions)
For those of you who are on the list and have been receiving my e-mails, you know that Newbie Niche Site Month has come to an end. I know there were probably a lot of you who got the e-mail and went to register a particular domain, only to find that someone had beaten you to it. Unfortunately, that’s how it goes!
Hopefully even if you weren’t able to grab any of the domains, you got a little bit of insight into exactly what micro-niche, exact keyword domains look like, and perhaps they inspired you to go out and find your own. Anyway, I wanted to recap exactly what Newbie Niche Site Month consisted of for those who didn’t receive the e-mails (and yes, I’ll list out all of the domains I sent out).
First of all, this is basically what Newbie Niche Site Month was:
- Each week, for 4 weeks, I shared with those on my newsletter list, a list of exact keyword domains. Having an exact match keyword domain is extremely powerful when it comes to ranking for that keyword in Google’s search engine results.
- The reason I targeted this special series toward “newbies” is because these keywords generally have 1,000-2,000 exact searches per month. This is still plenty of traffic to create a profitable niche site, but those of you who are already experienced may have your sights set a bit higher.
- As you may know, I’m currently focusing my niche site creation around an Amazon niche site challenge I’ve undertaken, so these domains I’m sharing with you will be best suited for Amazon niche sites.
These Were the Domains I Sent
I don’t believe any of these are still available (they were all snatched up pretty quickly after my e-mail was sent each week), but I wanted to post them here so that you’d get an idea of what kinds of domains I was sending (along with their exact monthly searches, for your reference).
- ovensandcooktops.net – 1,900 exact monthly searches
- ovensandcooktops.org – 1,900 exact monthly searches
- cheappcmonitors.net – 1,300 exact monthly searches
- cheappcmonitors.org – 1,300 exact monthly searches
- japanesebeds.org – 1,900 exact monthly searches
- 32inchmonitor.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- boysdesignerclothes.net – 1,900 exact monthly searches
- woodburningpizzaoven.org – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- computerlcdmonitor.net – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- computerlcdmonitor.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- trendytops.org – 1,900 exact monthly searches
- discountdesignerdresses.net – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- discountdesignerdresses.org – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- spacesavingbeds.net – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- retrokitchenappliances.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- designerclothescheap.org – 1,900 exact monthly searches
- computermonitorsreviews.com – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- computermonitorsreviews.net – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- computermonitorsreviews.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- designerbathingsuits.net – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- cheapflatscreenmonitors.net – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- cardiotwisterexercisemachine.net – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- cardiotwisterexercisemachine.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- fashiondesignerclothes.org – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- largecomputermonitors.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- dremelaccessories.net – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- dremelaccessories.org – 1,600 exact monthly searches
- tvcomputermonitor.net – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- tvcomputermonitor.org – 1,000 exact monthly searches
- printersandfaxes.org – 1,900 exact monthly searches
Days after these were sent out, I’ve gone back to some of the above URLs, and it’s cool to see that many of you have already started developing your sites. It’s only a matter of time before these sites start ranking for their domain keywords and making money.
Questions & Answers
Here are a couple of the most common questions I received over the past month:
Why are you giving away domain names that have value? Why not register them and keep them for yourself?
Although I do have sites like these that make money, and do believe that they are worth building, I’ve changed my focus to more competitive niches and keywords (and ones that have more traffic). Because these domains are ones I’ve found and decided not to register myself, I thought it would make for a nice “giveaway” for my readers here. If I’m not going to benefit from them, someone else should.
It seems to take me a long time to find exact keyword domains that aren’t already taken. How did you find so many?
Sometimes if I’m not at home and I’m on a computer without Market Samurai, I open up Google’s Keyword Tool and begin searching for keywords based on whatever item or category that comes to mind. Then, I use Domain Whiz (free online tool) to see if the domain is available.
You might feel like all the good domains are taken, but the truth is, they’re not. Every day, profitable domains are invented. Every time a new product is released, you could potentially create a review site based around that product. Keyword searches are always evolving, so therefore, good domain availability is too.
I Want Your Feedback
Did you enjoy this series of e-mails? Would you like me to do something similar again? I received a lot of e-mail from people thanking me for the valuable information, but I’d like to get some more feedback about whether or not this is something I should do again in the future.