I assume many people who read this site have sites of their own and probably also use Twitter. For those of you who do, or plan to, I think this is something you’ll find interesting. The site is called MyLikes. Basically, you get paid for simply tweeting about websites you like (or writing blog posts about them). The catch is, you can’t write about ANY website. There is a list of pre-picked sites for you to choose from, based on information you input. When you write about a site, you’re paid anytime someone clicks on the link to check out the website.
For example, my site is about business, income generation, etc. I would probably get to choose from similar sites (and you will soon see which ones I look at if you follow me on Twitter – or I may post them here as well).
Here are the basics you need to know, and further down I will show you step by step (with screen shots) of how to set this up:
- You can create and publish relevant “likes” to your website or Twitter
- The money you earn via MyLinks is paid out in PayPal (it’s very easy and free to set up a PayPal account if you don’t already have one)
- You only need to accrue $2.00 to trigger a payment, and payments are made weekly on Friday. This is an extremely low threshold and fast payout if you’re familiar with other affiliate-type deals.
- Alternatively, you may donate your earnings to your charity of choice – I think this is a really cool feature if you’re feeling charitable.
My Step-by-Step Guide to Starting
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started. It seems like a lot because I break it down into so many steps, but this entire set-up process should take no more than 5-10 minutes:
2) Either click “Sign Up” in the top right corner, or if you have a Twitter account, click “Sign in with Twitter” (an extremely fast and simple way to set up your account).
3) Input the required information.
4) Once you’ve created your account, click on Settings. Be sure to fill in all information (especially your PayPal email address, so you can get paid!).
5) On the top navigation bar, select “Sponsors.”
6) Click “Become an Influencer.”
30-Day Challenge Update – Day 24 (2/18):
Day 24 Total $ 0.00
30-Day Challenge Expense Total: $389.34
“Allowed” Expenses Remaining: $110.66
Average Daily Expense to Date: $16.22 (Target Average: $16.67/day)