Ready…Set…WRITE! (And Win “The 4-Hour Body”)
I love challenges. If you’ve been reading here for awhile, you’re well aware of it. If I had to define my love for challenges as a strength or a weakness, I’m not sure I’d know which one to choose, because I think it can be both at times. However, I’ve done enough personal challenges on this blog – it’s time to put one on YOU.
If you’re not a fan of writing, this contest may not seem like it’s for you (but it really is, because it’s going to force you to write). The really cool thing about this challenge/contest is that even if you don’t win, you still win. Don’t worry, I’ll explain…
Note: I’m currently on vacation this week (this post was scheduled to go live while I’m away), so it may be a couple days before I can reply to your comments.
Yes, I’m starting with the prize before I even explain what the challenge is. The prize from me to the 1st place winner will be a free copy of Tim Ferriss’ upcoming release, The 4-Hour Body. I ordered two copies, and I want to give one of them away. I know this book isn’t related to passive income or starting a business, but here are some topics covered by the book:
- How to prevent fat gain while binging (X-mas, holidays, weekends)
- How to increase fat-loss 300% with a few bags of ice
- How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time
- How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
- How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
- How to triple testosterone and double sperm count
- How to go from running 5 kilometers to 50 kilometers in 12 weeks
- How to reverse “permanent” injuries
- How to add 150+ pounds to your lifts in 6 months
- How to pay for a beach vacation with one hospital visit
The book sounds fascinating – I know I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
The other prize is that everyone who participates will be able to publish a lot of content online, because that’s what the challenge requires! As you probably know, getting content online (via article sites, blogs, niche sites, etc.) is one of the most important steps to making money online.
I’m not going to put too many restrictions on this, but here are my basic rules:
- Spun articles do not count – if you write one article and spin it 10 times to post on various article directories, it only counts as one.
- You are allowed to outsource some or all of the writing. After all, that’s a very important thing to be able to do once you’re trying to scale up your projects (or if you simply hate writing), so it makes sense to allow it in this challenge.
- There is no minimum article length – use your best judgment for whatever constitutes “an article” in your mind (I would think it would be at least 250 words, probably more).
- This contest will start now and run through the end of the day (11:59 PM EST), Friday, December 17th. I will announce the winner on Saturday (December 18th).
- Don’t lie on your entry – the book is only worth $15, so if you lie, you’re cheating yourself out of a lot of content that will earn you far more than $15 in the long run.
- Your contest entry must be submitted as a comment to this post (see sample entry below). Once you submit your entry, you can’t modify it, so it will make sense to wait until the last day that you’re writing, to post your entry. You can still feel free to leave comments that aren’t entries – they won’t count as your entries.
- Comments that are submitted before the deadline, but not approved until after the deadline, will still count (don’t worry).
- I can only ship the book to those who live inside the continental U.S. If you’re outside the U.S., please don’t let that stop you from participating!
Here’s what my entry might look like:
Name: Eric from My4HrWorkweek.com (I will be approving comments with live URLs, so feel free to plug your blog or website here with whatever anchor text you like)
Total Articles Written: 23
Personal Blog: 2
Articles for Backlinks (non-spun): 10
Niche Site #1 Articles: 2
Niche Site #2 Articles: 2
My hunch is that a lot of people will want to participate, but for one reason or another, don’t have time to or simply get too lazy to (it happens to the best of us). I won’t be surprised if only a few people enter, so consider yourself having a good shot at winning the book if you submit an entry.
Start writing today! I know you probably don’t want more competition, but whether you’re participating or not, I’d really appreciate it if you could retweet this post so that we can get more people involved.