The Social Networking Experiment – Introduction
Social networking is by far one of the most pervasive phenomena in our world today. In the past 5 years (maybe more), it has taken the internet by storm, and it’s gotten to the point where if you’re ignoring it, you’re behind. Furthermore, if your business or muse is ignoring social networking, it is at a distinct disadvantage (whether you know it or not).
There are definitely exceptions, but even those businesses that have nothing to do with the internet could still benefit from social networking.
Because of this, I’ve decided to start something I’m going to call The My4HWW Social Networking Experiment.
This will be a multi-part series where I will take this site, My 4 Hour Workweek, and run through every social networking/bookmarking service I can find. We’ll look at the sites everyone is familiar with, but we’ll also visit many of the lesser known ones too.
My goal is to examine, in-depth, how these sites are used, how they can empower YOUR muse or business, and any other useful information I can find. If you think you know social networking, you’ll still want to follow this “experiment” because I’m going to cover everything.
This experiment may take weeks or months, but when it’s done, I hope to have a collection of posts that YOU can follow with YOUR muse, to successfully launch it into the social networking realm.
My personal goal: To show how social networking can vastly improve your internet presence (increased traffic, brand awareness, and ultimately, your income), using My4HWW as an example.
I want to take the opportunity to open this introduction post up for comments. Specifically:
- Is there something you want me to make sure I focus on?
- Is there a lesser known site I should be sure to evaluate?
- What DON’T you want to hear about?
- Any other comments you might have.
PLEASE share your thoughts – don’t be shy.
- How to Drive Massive Traffic with Yahoo! Answers (The Social Networking Experiment)
- Unleash The Power of StumbleUpon (The Social Networking Experiment)
- Do You Think Social Media is Just a Fad? [The Social Networking Experiment]
- Monday Evening Bits & Pieces: Tim Ferriss and Evernote, Next Up in the Social Networking Experiment, and More
- How to Dominate with Twitter – The Social Networking Experiment